Executive Recruitment current vacancies
BUSINESS SALES MANAGER - OVERSEAS COMMEMORATIVE COIN
- £55k + bonus + bens
- SOUTH WALES
- JOB CODE:
Based in South Wales, and employing 900 staff, the award winning Royal Mint has been in existence for 1,000 years, and is the leading export mint currently supplying coins to 60 countries worldwide and designing and manufacturing premium commemorative coins and medals for global markets.
The Royal Mint is bucking market trends and expanding globally in line with their ambitious 5 year business plan. Major growth is anticipated in 2012 fuelled by two major events: the London Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
As a result of this growth, they are now seeking a 'Business Sales Manager - Overseas Commemorative Coin' to drive sales and new business development opportunities for their 'Country Direct' business within the Royal Mint.
Reporting to the Director of Circulating Coins and working closely with the other Regional Directors of Sales, this is a key role within the organisation, with responsibility for driving sales of commemorative coins internationally within the Circulating Coin market. As a result the role involves extensive international travel.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Full ownership of the 'Country Direct' business stream as a profit centre in it's own right.
- Management of existing client relationships via the Regional Directors of Sales (RDoS).
- Identification, development, and targeting of new clients through RDoS' if there is an existing relationship or directly with Central Banks or Goverments if one does not exist.
- Identification and realisation of opportunities for supply of commemorative coins to governments worldwide.
- Utilizing consultants based in the UK and in territory to maintain & build relationships with clients and prospects.
- Building internal relationships within Circulating Coin, Commemorative Coin, Operations & Business Services.
- Meeting annual & strategic plan profit targets.
- Responsibility for the 'Country Direct' input into the Royal Mint overall business plan.
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the business.
- Sharing experiences and success with the team and providing assistance to peer group formally and informally.
We are ideally seeking candidates with experience of doing business with non UK customers, used to working in an international environment, and in particular sales/marketing experience within overseas government markets. You will have proven P&L experience, be used to tendering for business and managing complex lead times. You should also be used to presenting at senior level, with the ability to build long term client relationships and with exceptional communication, presentation and report writing skills.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the UK's most successful exporters at a time of significant growth and expansion and there is a package on offer to attract the best. This role is based in South Wales, c10 miles from Cardiff close to the M4 with international travel.
Salary: £55k + bonus + Excellent benefits + great pension